We only collect data when you have given your consent. You remain the owner of your data.
In case you want to know what data we have on you, or if you want it to be deleted, please send an email to email@example.com.
What Personal Data We Collect and Why We Collect It
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
As on almost any other webserver, we keep a log file on our webserver. This file contains the following data:
- your current IP address as well as your internet service provider (ISP);
- date and time for every access to our website;
- the concrete URLs you are visiting;
- what data you requested from the server;
- general information about your web browser and operating sytem (e.g., browser type, version);
- what website you just came from (this is called the referrer).
We need this data:
- to correctly operate and deliver this website;
- for statistical purposes;
- to further improve the user experience when browsing this website;
- to permanently ensure the functionality and integrity of our information technology systems, including security in the event of attacks on our information technology systems;
- in case of an attack on our information technology systems to provide the necessary information to law enforcement agencies.
This data is collected anonymously, and stored separately from any potentially collected personal data.
Embedded Content from Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g., videos, images, articles). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
This site counts page views—not visitors!—by using the Statify plugin. In contrast to other statistics services, Statify does not process and store personal data such as IP addresses.
Who We Share Your Data With
How Long We Retain Your Data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
If you have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where We Store Your Data
Comments and their metadata are stored on a database server in Germany.
Where We Send Your Data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Telephone: +49 241 4507166
Fax: +49 241 4507165